This training is sold out. To be added to the wait list, please email: email@example.com
Registrants MUST read the information below before completing online registration.
March 25-28, 2021
Virtual via Zoom
Live from Minnesota
Thursday, March 25th and Friday, March 26th - 4:00pm - 8:00pm CST
Saturday, March 27th and Sunday, March 28th - 9:00AM - 5:30PM CST daily, with a one hour break
- Develop an understanding of the impact of trauma on an individual’s physical, psychological, and emotional health
- Learn how yoga postures, breath work, and self-regulation skills can positively impact aspects of the mental, emotional, and physical being and assist in healing from trauma
- Develop concrete skills to successfully create a trauma-informed environment that promotes physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual safety, including recognizing and responding to triggers
- Become proficient in sequencing, demoing, and leading trauma-informed yoga practices
- Master trauma-informed language and cuing of yoga postures, conscious breathing techniques, and guided relaxation
- Foster an awareness of self-care, develop/strengthen self-care practices, and acquire skills to create boundaries to effectively hold safe space for others
- Gain awareness of how power, privilege, and social justice are connected to trauma-informed principles and practice
- Connect and cultivate community to share resources, knowledge, and support
A limited number of partial scholarships are designated for each training. These scholarships are intended to increase access to trauma-informed yoga by populations often underrepresented in the yoga community, including: people of color, LGBTQI+ individuals, those in the body-positive movement, individuals with a demonstrated financial barrier, and others.
If you would like to apply for a partial scholarship and/or a 3-month payment plan, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Firefly Training is intended for those who have completed, or are currently enrolled in, a standard 200-hour yoga teacher training. Therapists, clinicians, and other social service agency workers who have a yoga background and/or interest in trauma-informed yoga, are also welcome to participate and are considered on a case-by-case basis. If you are not a Registered Yoga Teacher or currently enrolled in a yoga teacher training, please email email@example.com to confirm eligibility.
Please note that photographs, audio, and/or video from this Firefly Training may be used on the Firefly Yoga International website and/or social media pages. By registering for this event, you are giving your permission to have your voice recorded and/or photograph taken. You acknowledge that your participation is voluntary, and you will not receive compensation for the use of photographs, audio, and/or video. To revoke permission for photo release, please notify Firefly by email at least one week prior to the training start date.
- $100 down payment required to reserve spot (nonrefundable).
- Payment due in full by the last day of the training weekend.
- Refund on full payment if requested on/before 30 days prior to the first day of the training (less $100 processing fee).
- No refunds within 30 days of the start date of the training.
- Participants MUST attend the entire first day of the training to be eligible to attend the second and third day. Failure to attend the entire first day may forfeit your space at the training and no refunds are available per the policy above.
- Firefly reserves the right to cancel a training in the event of facilitator emergency or illness. In the event of an emergency cancellation, Firefly will provide full refunds (minus online service charges) and/or option to transfer registration to a future training. Firefly is not liable for travel or lodging fees booked by participants.
- Firefly Trainings postponed and/or moved to virtual platforms due to COVID-19 will follow the refund policies listed above. However, if registrants are unable to attend make-up dates for a postponed training a credit will be placed on their account to use at a Firefly Training within 12 months of the date they originally registered to attend.
Participants will receive a MAILED package with all training materials (curriculum, completion certificate, and more) at least one week prior to the training and a pre-training EMAIL two weeks prior to the training. If you don’t receive one or both, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering for the Firefly Training:
- I am voluntarily engaging in a yoga training program with Firefly Yoga International.
- I understand that undertaking any physical activity should be discussed with my physician and I attest to the best of my knowledge that I am in good physical health.
- I understand that the Firefly Training is a professional development training and is not intended as an intervention for personal healing/processing personal trauma.
- I understand the Firefly Training is not intended for those currently experiencing a mental health crisis.
- I understand that talking about: trauma, the principles and practice of trauma-informed yoga, social and racial justice, gender inequity, racial/gender/economic privilege, and other conversation topics may be triggering. I agree to ask for what I need if it is not offered.
- I understand that I am responsible for myself, will treat my body with respect (taking rest as needed, asking for variations, identifying warning signs of pain or injury), and will cease participation if any unusual symptoms occur.
- I will not hold Firefly Yoga International, the Firefly facilitators, and/or affiliates (host studios when applicable) responsible for any injuries suffered by me while attending the training.
- I agree to assume risk of such physical and mental practices outlined in the training, and agree to hold harmless Firefly Yoga International, of any and all claims, suits, losses, or related cases of action for damages, including but not limited to injury or death, accidental or otherwise, during or arising in any way from the Firefly Training.
- I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older, and understand that minors (those under the age of 18) are not qualified to attend this training.
- I affirm that I have contacted Firefly Yoga International about any relevant mental or physical health information that may impact my participation in the training.
- I affirm that I have read this registration page in its entirety and that I understand the nature of this training.