January 3-5, 2020
23 East 26th St
Minneapolis MN 55404
8:00AM - 4:30PM
Friday through Sunday
- Develop an understanding of the impact of trauma on an individual’s physical, psychological, and emotional health
- Learn how yoga postures, breath work, and self-regulation skills can positively impact aspects of the mental, emotional, and physical being and assist in healing from trauma
- Develop concrete skills to successfully create a trauma-informed environment that promotes physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual safety, including recognizing and responding to triggers
- Become proficient in sequencing, demoing, and leading trauma-informed yoga practices
- Master trauma-informed language and cueing of yoga postures, conscious breathing techniques, and guided relaxation
- Foster an awareness of self-care, develop/strengthen self-care practices, and acquire skills to create boundaries to effectively hold safe space for others
- Gain awareness of how power, privilege, and social justice are connected to trauma-informed principles and practice
- Connect and cultivate community to share resources, knowledge, and support
A limited number of partial scholarships are designated for each training. These scholarships are intended to increase access to trauma-informed yoga by populations often underrepresented in the yoga community, including: people of color, LGBTQ individuals, those in the body-positive movement, individuals with a demonstrated financial barrier, and others.
If you would like to apply for a partial scholarship and/or an income-based interest-free payment plan, please email: email@example.com
The Firefly Training is intended for those who have completed, or are currently enrolled in, a standard 200-hour yoga teacher training. Therapists, clinicians, and other social service agency workers who have a yoga background and/or interest in trauma-informed yoga, are also welcome to participate and are considered on a case-by-case basis. If you are not a Registered Yoga Teacher or currently enrolled in a yoga teacher training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm eligibility.
Please note that photographs, audio, and/or video from this Firefly Training may be used on the Firefly Yoga International website and/or social media pages. By registering for this event, you are giving your permission to have your voice recorded and/or photograph taken. You acknowledge that your participation is voluntary, and you will not receive compensation for the use of photographs, audio, and/or video. To revoke permission for photo release, please notify Firefly by email at least one week prior to the training start date.
- $100 down payment required to reserve spot (nonrefundable).
- Payment due in full by January 5, 2020.
- Refund on full payment if requested on/before December 19, 2019 (less $100 processing fee).
- No refunds after December 19, 2019.