September 27-29, 2019
RAW Yoga Center
3226 Broadway, Studio A
Sacramento CA 95817
8:00AM - 4:30PM
Friday through Sunday
- Develop an understanding of the impact of trauma on an individual’s physical, psychological, and emotional health
- Learn how yoga postures, breath work, and self-regulation skills can positively impact aspects of the mental, emotional, and physical being and assist in healing from trauma
- Develop concrete skills to successfully create a trauma-informed environment that promotes physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual safety, including recognizing and responding to triggers
- Become proficient in sequencing, demoing, and leading trauma-informed yoga practices
- Master trauma-informed language and cueing of yoga postures, conscious breathing techniques, and guided relaxation
- Foster an awareness of self-care, develop/strengthen self-care practices, and acquire skills to create boundaries to effectively hold safe space for others
- Gain awareness of how power, privilege, and social justice are connected to trauma-informed principles and practice
- Connect and cultivate community to share resources, knowledge, and support
A limited number of partial scholarships are designated for each training. These scholarships are intended to increase access to trauma-informed yoga by populations often underrepresented in the yoga community, including: people of color, LGBTQ individuals, those in the body-positive movement, individuals with a demonstrated financial barrier, and others. If you would like to apply for a partial scholarship and/or an income-based interest-free payment plan, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Firefly Training is intended for those who have completed, or are currently enrolled in, a standard 200-hour yoga teacher training. Therapists, clinicians, and other social service agency workers who have a yoga background and/or interest in trauma-informed yoga, are also welcome to participate and are considered on a case-by-case basis. If you are not a Registered Yoga Teacher or currently enrolled in a yoga teacher training, please email email@example.com to confirm eligibility.
Please note that photographs, audio, and/or video from this Firefly Training may be used on the Firefly Yoga International website and/or social media pages. By registering for this event, you are giving your permission to have your voice recorded and/or photograph taken. You acknowledge that your participation is voluntary, and you will not receive compensation for the use of photographs, audio, and/or video. To revoke permission for photo release, please notify Firefly by email at least one week prior to the training start date.
- $100 down payment required to reserve spot (nonrefundable).
- Payment due in full by September 29, 2019.
- Refund on full payment if requested on/before September 12, 2019 (less $100 processing fee).
- No refunds after September 12, 2019.
- Participants MUST attend the entire first day of the training to be eligible to attend the second and third day. Failure to attend the entire first day may forfeit your space at the training and no refunds are available per the policy above.